Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

I couldn't find anything to use as Easter baskets or find to turn into a basket, so I surfed online and found a cute basket to make out of felt. I didn't have time to make them back home, so I threw everything into a box and planned on making them in Cuneo. However, Sophia was so excited about being at her Nonni's she didn't end up going to sleep until after 11 and so I ended up staying up to 3am making something that was just supposed to take an hour. (partially it was due to the fact that i was tired and kept making stupid mistakes and partially because it was so late i had to hand sew everything).
Sophia woke up early and was a good girl and played with her toys all morning (and that's Nonna in the background cooking up a storm already).
I finally got my butt up out of bed and we broke into the Easter baskets.
Sophia doesn't really like candy/chocolates (that's cuz there's no Peeps here!! Everybody loves Peeps, especially slightly stale ones! Even Viv is sticking out her tongue cuz there are no Peeps in her basket!). Instead, the Easter Bunny brought Sophia a dress, a necklace/bracelet set, nail polish, hair clippies and some glitter glue pens. And for Vivienne he brought a cute little Easter dress. Yeah, I know, the Easter Bunny is not very traditional, but either are my kids.

After we opened baskets, Vivienne had to be fed and Sophia of course wanted to put on the nail polish, so Daddy did it.
The girls in their Easter finest.

The Nonni and their nipotine.

No comments: