Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Lunch

Click to play Christmas+Lunch
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a postcard - it's easy!

Today was the annual Christmas Lunch at ML and F's digs. This year thing ML and F changed things up a bit, and everyone brought 1 dish, which was great because it meant less work for the host, but more to eat for everyone! The first round was, sliced cold cuts (prociutto crudo, coppa, salame, etc and cheeses (dont know all the names) with pepper jelly or honey and warmed toasted bread. I was already full. The next round was lasagne with peas, which Sophia just loved! Third round was a veal roast with a walnut cream sauce (made by pino and her peanut gallery nanu) and mushrooms stuffed with couscous with a parlsey creamed cheese sauce (massimona) that followed by finocchio (fennell) smothered in a carrot cream nutmeg sauce (sabri and jonathan) and our oven baked eggplant parmigiana. dessert was a past sfoglia crust, pear, chocolate and walnut torta (sabri and jonathan). all accompanied by wine the whole time. ps note to self, next year dont sit next to nanni, he doesnt like to pass the wine and food! good thing i dont mind the boarding house reach as my mom calls it!

2 comments:

munchkinhead2000 said...

Wheezer - oh my god, I need to come to Italy just to enjoy the the culinary acumen of you and your friends. Your lunch sounds completely amazing. I'm so sorry your family seems to keep illin', however. That sounds unpleasant in the extreme. I hope they feel better soon and, if I don't talk to you, that all have a wonderful Christmas!! Xs & Os, TammyJo

Holly said...

you are making me hungry! Hope you are feeling better my friend...xoxo