Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lunch at the Amigoni

Yara's family invited us and the Gandioli over for a play date and lunch. They live right near the school and have this really cool house. It's got a weird floor plan and is not set up in the typical square divided into 2 BR, 1 BA, but its actually one of best laid out houses we've ever been too. It's not large, but you would never know it by the way it's set up. It also helps that there are several balconies and so lots of natural light keeps the house bright, as well as the fact that the house is decorated in a simple but tasteful design. I wish I took more pictures, but my camera is acting up and so the few pictures i did take didnt come out. When we get to finally get to redo our house, I hope it comes out half as lovely as theirs. The Amigoni house is definitely a reflection of their family because it's friendly and casual.
In fact, we didnt sit down for a formal lunch, but instead Cristiana made loads of appetizers and we just chatted and grazed the whole afternoon.

There were cheeses, olives, salami, and several types of bread. These are pizza rolls with mozzerella and prociutto, which Francesco guarantees us are easy to make. The next time we have to go somewhere I am definitely going to try and make these. And then I stole 2 bread recipes from Cristiana (curry flavored bread (a yeasty risen bread) and a prociutto greyere bread (something like a zucchine bread consistency), I'll let you know how those come out after I make them. Karol made cancitas and pappas alla huanchaina (not sure of the spelling, but a peruvian specialty).
I always think I will eat less munch on appetizers, as opposed to sitting down to a several course meal, but I end up stuffing my face even more.The girls had their own table and ate as they pleased.

Sophia poses with Luna.

Max joins the red hat ladies club.
Francesco and Cristiana take the adult version of the Circus Class that the kids go to. Francesco showed off one of his many talents juggling (but the darn camera would only snap without flash).

No comments: