Sunday, May 10, 2009

The get-a-way

We stayed at the Cristallo Hotel in Scopella. It was the off season so there was no one there. There is a small spa under the hotel and Max arranged for me to have a massage, it was wonderful. Unfortunately the pool was under construction and so we didnt get to have a swim. The lovely Cristallo Hotel! The ground floor of the hotel had a fantastic restaurant with typical cuisine and so we ate all our meals there, but I didnt take pictures this time.
After lunch, we had a walk around, it's spring and
the snow is melting so there were waterfalls everywhere!

Our walk led us to the Walser Museum, where there were was a typical village and houses in the Walser style.
The houses are built close together and have a particular wooden framing. Everything was small and narrow. I really wanted to go inside, the roofs seemed to be very low. Unfortunately we were an hour too late and everything was closed.
Look, the doors are tiny, even I'm taller!
I just liked the intersecting lines here.

Outhouse.
Imagine going shi-shi in the middle of a colder winter nights storm!
Old school sleighCreepy little hallway that lead to a cantina.
I dont know how Max made it down the narrow stairs!


You know me, I just had to get a picture of a door!
Sophia says this is creepy.

There was a sign that said bread was baked just twice a year, i'm wondering how nasty stale was the last loaf of the season. yuck!

No comments: