Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Trattoria dei Cacciatori

When we tell people that we're moving to Brugherio, they always say "Oh, near Trattoria dei Cacciatori?" Ever since we found out, we've been dying to try it. It's Italian homestyle cooking. It's a set lunch menu, so there are very few choices. Mostly workers in the area go there. And for the amount and quality of food you get, the price is very cheap. First (pasta or rice), second (meats or cheeses) and coffee is only 11 Euro. Our new house is right next door, I think we will be going there a lot. And...they say if a really heavy meal can be a catalyst for starting labor.This is the back room, it looks like it's been recently done and must be nice to sit in with all the windows opened during nice weather.
Max and I had saffron risotto with sausage and porcini mushrooms.
Max is totally satisfied with his choice.
Mom and I digging in.
(Must remember to tilt head downward, I look like Grimace)
I forgot to take pictures of the second plates because we were soooo into eating by then! Next time I will try and remember.

BTW - I was extremely uncomfortably full, I was totally hating it for a few hours, but no labor pains.

No comments: