Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Casetta di Terra

One of the dads is an architect. During his travels he went to india and learned how to construct a typical mud hut. This year, they organized all the kids, parents and teachers and in a week brought in all the materials and constructed this hut in the playground at the school:Miss Milena and Bianca get down and dirty!
Soph's dirty little feet
(or as she likes to say all too often PIEDI PUZZOLENTI!)

group washdown!

The hut was actually built in may but I didnt get a chance to snap a picture of it the finished product. I guess I'll have to do that today! I didnt get to help build the hut, because i was busy making all the hats, so Bianca's mom was so sweet and gave me all the pictures. She also gave me a bunch from the school recital and Sophia's bday! Bianca 'graduates' this year and I am really going to miss her and her family. We were very fortunate to find this school, it is not typical that parents are so involved and organize so many things both curricular and extra curricular.

No comments: