Thursday, April 30, 2009

Saint Paul de Vence

Today we went to Saint Paul, it's a hill town known for as an artist colony. I remember coming here when I did EF (back in the 80s) and there were many artists painting the local scenery and selling them as well. I even bought a little water color, will have to look for that this summer. Sophia had a great time wandering the streets, climbing the stairs and playing in the water fountains.

I dont know why I like doors so much.
I guess they have more personality than the cookie cutter ones we have back home

reflecting/looking at the squiggling mosquito larvae
trump l'oeil on wood
wandering the narrow little streets
door and window
Cute little shop that sells liquers. I liked the shelving, Christine has something similar in her house-it's something I might like to do if we get a new house.
fancy door with hand shaped knocker
Lunch. We ordered a hamburger patty and fries, we asked for it medium, but actually came rare. It was very fresh and so before sending it back we let Sophia taste it, I was suprised she actually ate all the hamburger and didnt finish the fries!

Horse made of horseshoes
door and steps with ivy
After we went to wander Antibes, but it was getting late, so we headed back to Christines

No comments: